Wednesday, 17 August 2011

Teething with FitFlops

On the recommendation of a friend recently, and having said I need some decent summer walking sandals, I bought my first pair of FitFlops. You will notice the word 'first' there which implies I am certainly going to buy some more!

I chose a metallic pair of Walkstar 3 sandals with the unique Microwobbleboard technology. Basically, as the website says "FitFlop footwear is biomechanically engineered to help tone and tighten your leg muscles while you walk in them." I believe them :) They do take a little bit of getting used to but boy, they are comfortable. For someone like me who does a great deal of walking (having two little ones and a passion for geocaching as you'll recall), they are an idea summer sandal.

The metallic colour looks equally good with a summer dress, shorts or jeans so I basically wear them with everything in my wardrobe. OK, possibly not going out to dinner in a LBD but that's about the only exception ;-)

FitFlops don't just do girlie sandals though, your fella and your children can have a pair of sandals, shoes or clogs too. There is a massive range of them available and in such fantastic colours you really are spoiled for choice.

I would recommend buying them directly from FitFlop as their delivery is very reasonable and they come next day.

You might now be scratching your head and wondering where the title of this post has come from. Or you may not care. I'm going to tell you anyway whether you like it or not :)

Well, as you know I have an 8 month old baby now with two little bottom teeth and some more coming through at the top. It seems that as well as being a great walking shoe, the FitFlop is also a fantastic teether! Wherever I leave them in the house, she picks them up and has a good chew at them until I extract them from her grip again and put them somewhere else. As you can imagine, this means I have the cleanest FitFlops in town as I have to give them a good wipe over every time I come in from outside as she seeks them out. Unfortunately, other than leaving them halfway up the stairs or on the dining room table, there aren't many places you can really put shoes in our house that keeps them out of reach. At least she's stoppped eating my slippers now though ;-)

Now, what colour do I want next and how many pairs shall I buy? Well, it makes sense to take advantage of the free delivery on 2 or more pairs doesn't it ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment