Saturday, 12 April 2014

Necropolis Station

The things you find out when you are geocaching can be quite amazing.  History lessons, geography lessons and geology data.

Yesterday my teen and I were up in London for a meeting (me) and some shopping (both of us) so as we arrived early, the first thing we did was to find a geocache.  I've found some super little caches in London and love the history attached to most.

This was no exception.  Apparently there used to be trains (Black Cat Trains) that ran from this station through to Brookwood Cemetary (a few miles away from where I currently live) that took the dead to be buried, along with their families.  No, I don't mean the families were buried too (just realised that sentence read rather strangely).

Do read the cache description for full details as it is quite fascinating.

No comments:

Post a Comment