Friday, 5 September 2014

More Jelly & Bean books

N is an avid little reader as you may recall (see this post).  She seems to have an almost photographic memory for words (that or she has an understanding that is amazing me!) and as you may recall, absolutely adores Jelly & Bean books. In fact, without doubt, they are the favourites of both of my youngest two.

Today some more Jelly & Bean books arrived on our doormat.

N has exhausted her current supply and knows all the words in each one so I've ordered some harder ones for her.

As you can see, she sat down and got stuck straight in, reading me this book immediately and only struggling with a couple of words that (a) she couldn't sound out and (b) hadn't seen before.  I'm going to need another order before long it seems :)

The books we have already are:

A Series 1 - 10
A Series Extra Books 11 - 16
AD Digraphs Series 17 - 24
B Series 1 - 10
B Series Extra Books 11 -16

I'm just hoping her nursery do as they promised this year and start reading with her as she is progressing so fast at this and I want to encourage her whilst her enthusiasm lasts!

P.S. I've just ordered the first set of Follifoot Farm ones for her as well so I'll keep you all posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment