Friday, 17 October 2014

Sneeze...cough....sneeze

It's that time of year.  We've done so well with having a super summer and boy has is lasted but when it ended, it kind of missed Autumn altogether and rushed headlong into Winter.  One minute I'm in a maxi dress and flipflops and the next I'm in boots and a raincoat.  Can't complain though.

Trouble with this rapid season change is that it has affected me quite badly.  I've hit a chest infection and a cold at the same time.  I did my best to avoid going to the doctors for four days by increasing my inhaler use (I'm Asthmatic you see) but finally yesterday I caved in and booked an appointment. Glad I did.  I now have steroid tablets  (not good) and some antibiotics in case I start to get wheezy. I've popped those into my medicine cabinet just in case but I am hopeful I won't need those.  With luck the steroids will get me through.  The downside is that I seem to get rotten headaches with them and I bruise easily. Oh well, at least I'm feeling a tad better today.

Coughing and sneezing doesn't help my sleeping. Nothing worse than that feeling when you roll over in the night and everything moves from one nostril to the other.  Poor hubby was like a student last night kipping on the sofa.  At least that way he could get some sleep!

This is not the best weekend to feel unwell.   My head is a fog today and yet tomorrow I am on a training course for The Brilliant Club (leave me a seat at the back somewhere) and on Sunday is S's birthday.  Fortunately we are not doing a party until next month (it's a shared one with N) so I don't have to worry about making sandwiches, etc.  We are off to one of her school friends' party though in the afternoon so that will be nice for the girls. Of course J and I will make a lovely Betty Crocker chocolate fudge cake for her birthday cake as that's her favourite and she asked for one.  Yummy...even if I can't taste it ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment