Tuesday, 23 June 2015

Dear Courier Company...You have annoyed me

When you are delivering a package to me, please ensure that you ring my doorbell once.  Just the once will do you see. I am not deaf.  Your delivery is not a matter of life and death.


This is an increasing irritation to me and is something that seems to be happening now every time I get a bloody delivery.

It goes something like this:

ding-dong
ding-dong
knock
knock
knock
ding-dong
knock
knock

All in the space of less than 10 seconds.  You see, I think that someone has collapsed in the street and you are racing for my attention to see if I can help with CPR as it's an emergency.

Instead I am greeted - today - by a UPS delivery driver asking me to sign for a neighbours parcel.  I raced downstairs wondering what the hell had happened and what the emergency was at my front door from all the banging and doorbell ringing, and it was just some knob of a courier who wanted me to sign for some shit for someone else.  It wasn't even my fucking parcel!

So, the next time you do this, I will shout out of my bedroom window to see what you want and tell you to ring the doorbell once only.  If the package isn't for me - fuck off!

No comments:

Post a Comment