Friday, 13 November 2015

Eat, drink and buy baubles


Yesterday my friend J and I headed over to Longacres for the open evening, to enjoy a fantastic 10% off.  Of course, on top of the discount there was free wine and mince pies, so who wouldn't want to go right?
Parking was, shall we say, bonkers on the night.  Fortunately we had a secret (but I'm not telling you what it was) and we arrived fresh and relaxed whilst we watched cars going round and round the car park, like a teddy bear, one space, no space....

Greeted by a very happy Santa handing out sweeties.  This is a great start. We headed over to the Christmas decorations as I'm changing my colour scheme this year and wanted to get some new baubles and bits for the tree. But first, let's take a selfie (as you do).

So much choice and great prices even before the discount.  It took us 45 minutes to get out of the white and red decoration section! This was not due to the crowds of people, but due to much dithering by me on exactly which decorations I liked (best).  Bumped into a couple of friends there and had a catch up. Atmosphere, despite the place heaving, was very jovial.  There were plenty of staff on hand too.  In fact, I reckon there was a member of staff for every 10 customers.  They were extremely helpful and also seemed to be having a good time.


Look at the size of those ba....baubles!
J thought these little Lemax musical village items were lovely.  The way they were displayed was fantastic and lots of children were admiring them (and probably nagging mum and dad afterwards for one!).  I took a little video (but didn't show it to *my* girls).



Once J had hauled me away from the Christmas bits, we headed into the area where the band were playing for her to pick up a cup (or three) of red wine and a piece (or two) of scrumptious mince pie.  I'm on a diet so I kindly gave her my share.  That's what friends are for.  We did think about going around a few times saying we were identical twins/triplets/quads to try everything at least twice, but weren't really sure that would wash *grin*.
Don't mind if I do!
It seems that we managed to miss the carol singing by the Brownies and the tree decoration masterclass (which we were both looking forward to) as they were earlier in the evening. We will make sure we're here earlier next year. 

Into the next area we went and what did we see but these huge, cuddly...things.  We weren't exactly sure what they were until I picked one up and shouted, rather too loudly "It's a muff. It's huge!".  J collapsed with laughter which meant I did as well.  Queue the innuendo for the next five minutes or so. Apologies to anyone who was around us at the time.

 

So, I've now got some great new decorations along with these two super 'tins'.   My two contain a teddy and penguin that you can make (my girls will love these at Christmas) but they also had a tea-set in a tin, farm in a tin, and loads of others.  Aren't they adorable?  I've never seen anything like them before. 


My new pink and white colour scheme is almost complete.  I do have a mini Christmas tree for our dining room too (from Longacres, naturally) so I may well be back for just one or two more decorations. This time I might let hubby choose the colour scheme.

7 comments:

  1. Blimey, big baubles and a huge muff. Are you sure you didn't stumble into Ann Summers by mistake? Great post! Really made me laugh. I can just imagine the conversation. We were there last night too. You're right, atmosphere was fantastic but I'd like to know your parking secret as it took us about 30 minutes to park!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you had fun too. My parking secret will be kept secret - sorry! ;)

      Delete
  2. I eventually found the wine table. I'm hoping I picked up a fresh cup as they did seem almost empty and it took 5 of them to get one whole cup. It was only afterwards that my wife said that perhaps they were ones people put back....I hope not!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear LOL! My friend said they were half cups so you did need two to make a full one.

      Delete
  3. Yesterday was a joke. Parking was ridiculous. Youd think longacres would have marshals or something when they know its going to be so busy. would never bother going tehre again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shame you had such a problem. It was really busy but I guess you expect that with such an event. Maybe Longacres could arrange a park and ride from somewhere next year? That would be fun!

      Delete
  4. Looks like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete