Sunday, 11 September 2016

Cyprus Conference

I've just returned from a conference in Cyprus that I attended as a doctoral student (MCIS 2016).  It was a wonderful opportunity to get feedback on my thesis and also to network with some amazing people.  Lots of connecting via LinkedIn and emails were exchanged.


View from terrace of the Aquamare Hotel & Spa
However, the hotel (Aloe or A _ _ E as the sign said) was...err...a bit of a joke.  Sadly the conference organisers assumed the 4* rating was true (I wonder if they looked in any rooms?). The conference hotel - the Aquamare - was indeed a 4* but none of us could get into it as it was fully booked. However, we all booked in to the 'alternative' hotel or found our own accommodation. Let's put it this way - I'll read TripAdvisor before booking any future conference hotel *grin*.  Here's my review of it on TripAdvisor.


Sunset
The weather was glorious but it was a hot 20 minute walk from one hotel to the other, although coming back in the evening along the beach walk was just stunning.

No comments:

Post a Comment